Venture capitalists invest in rapid-growth and scalable businesses in exchange for an equity position in the company. New Mexico has a number of active venture capital companies, some of which make investments on behalf of the NM State Investment Council (SIC) and the NM Small Business Investment Corporation (NMSBIC). Venture capital companies typically invest money entrusted to them by institutions and must demonstrate high returns to their investors.
Read these articles to learn more about venture capital and the types of businesses venture capitalists invest in:
- Loans for Legacy, Equity for Growth
- Venture Capital: It’s More Than Money
- Investors Bring Benefits Beyond Capital
- Venture Capital: Is it Right for You?
- Venture Capitalists Put Market Before Product
- Venture Capital: What Investors Look For
- Venture Capital: Why Investors Invest
Once you decide that venture capital is right for your business, read these tips:
- Telling a Story That Drives Investment
- Identify Specialty Before Looking for Investors
- Consider Strategy Before Seeking Equity
Other interesting reads: